Do you know what the word is for someone who loves snow: It's Chionophile. Chion is from the Greek word khiōn, which means snow. Fun fact, right?! You know another fun fact? We're snow lovers here at Addison West and we've got the goods for all those Chionophiles in your life.
1) Snow by Peter Mathis is a wintery tour de force of photography. Renowned for his gorgeous mountain scenes and spectacular photos of winter athletes, Mathis has chosen black-and-white film to capture the essence of snow in this incredible new book. Stunning duotone images render a traditional Alpen landscape into painterly canvases that are in turns otherworldly, sensuous, haunting, and heavenly. A book for snow lovers indeed.
2) Snow means ski time. There are many ways to remember a place, a time, a journey or experience. Photographs. Postcards. Magnets. Our favorite? These little dishes. Handmade by artist Nicole Aquillano. Exclusive to Addison West.
2) The iconic Beatles. As ski and board enthusiasts. Shannon Henn combines her passion for the outdoors, music and illustration to infuse favorites from Gerry Garcia to Bruce Springsteen with classic ski style. You can see her whole collection here.
3) What could be better than standing on top of a mountain, snow sparkling, the slopes calling? Not much, except maybe skiing down to a warm, home-cooked meal that comes together effortlessly. The Ski House Cookbook makes it all possible with 125 recipes that will keep you on the slopes or winding down with friends afterward, not stuck at the stove.
4) From Arapahoe Basin in Colorado to Whiteface Mountain in New York. Terrain in full color 3-D modeling maps with latitude and longitude base and summit elevations are included. Whether seeing where you’ve been, or planning your next mountain adventure, SKI USA cards are the game table accesory of the season.
5) Fresh pine falls on curls of sandalwood and rare Virginia cedarwood. Smoky leather accords, frankincense, and nuances of vanilla are tranquil and comforting. Forget the cold for a moment and enjoy the luxury of Lafco's 'Ski House' diffuser. For all those winter feels.
6) The Joy of Winter Hiking is the ultimate guide to getting outdoors in the most underrated season. Alongside stunning winter photography, there’s advice on gear, wildlife you might expect to find, understanding weather risks, and even the how-tos of cold-weather camping. Made for the winter sportsman, tree hugger, and avid hiker alike, this book is a thorough guide and breathtaking showcase of what’s awaiting you on the snowy trail.
7) Gray Malin's awe-inspiring aerial photography is shot from a doorless helicopter, creating stunning visual celebrations of color and repetition. This two-sided 500 piece puzzle features a winter wonderland on one side and an array of colorful skiers on crisp white snow on the other side. The perfect puzzle to while away a cold snowy day.
8) Whether you’re a fan of skiing the trails or just prefer a little après-ski.....With Chappy Wrap you'll have a blanket that lasts for years of post slope downtime. The Chappy Wrap First Tracks Blanket is new this season!
10) Oh the nostalgia of the snow globe. And even better? A snow globe that reminds us of the best way to spend the holidays: Making fresh tracks. Our Skiers Snow globe will get everyone in the skiing spirit.
11) Grab your go bag. It's time to get organized for the season of snow. Featuring dancing skiers in water resistant coated nylon - these pack bags are the ultimate in slope-side flexibility.
Looking for more ideas? You can see our complete collection for all those snow lovers here.